Required: Apprentice Communications Technician, GTHA Ontario area
AATEL Communications, providing Healthcare, Life Safety and Telecommunications solutions for over 50 years, is looking for people to join our team.
Visit us at www.aatel.com
- Installation of system cabling related to communications, security and building systems.
- Installation of system cable support systems such as conduit and raceway.
- Experience in termination of Network cabling using industry standards
- Installation of communication and security devices such as card readers, cameras, intercom, and various communication devices
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Ensure that the company health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Proactively communicate job site conditions and concerns that may or are affecting completion of job to the appropriate person.
- Assist the site foreman and follow instructions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy regarding reports and work orders.
- Electronics Experience.
- Valid Ontario Drivers License.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small, cramped places
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places
- Independent work ethic and highly motivated to getting a project done correctly and efficiently
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills – clear, direct, detailed.
- Collaborate with other team members, trades, and clients.
- Read system wiring schematics and blueprints
- Safely uses hand and power tools
- Overnight stays out of town are not common but possible
- Must provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
- Possess the physical and mental capabilities to manage multiple tasks at a time.
Additional Bonus Qualifications:
- Access Control knowledge: keypads, maglocks, door strikes, card readers
- Nurse call systems.
- CCTV Knowledge: IP camera’s, NVR, DVR, Wireless
- Telecommunications: telecom products, wireless products
- A two-year diploma from a Technical School
- Health and Safety training certification in working at heights.
Qualified candidates should e-mail or fax their resume to:
Conceived in 1947 as a telecommunications company, Aatel has grown to be a leader in the systems’ integration industry for the last 30 years; offering a wide variety of products and services that are tailored for the Corporate, Healthcare, Government and Education markets.
What makes us exceptional is the motivated employees that work within our offices. Aatel employs 55 team members who share the same mission, values, respect, motivation, and innovation while providing quality service to our valued customers.
As a systems integrator, we offer challenging careers in the field of growing technology. Our dynamic and diverse environment allows for opportunities in several departments working in a multitude of vertical markets with a wide scope of products and services. We have a strong focus on safety, training, and academia – providing several career opportunities to gain industry knowledge, advance in your education, and within the company.
We know the challenges students face when being accepted into a company for a program. At Aatel, we work with many local colleges and universities to accommodate several fields of study. Ask us about our career, co-op, internship, and apprenticeship opportunities!